Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door Vent Window Removal How To?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Blazer, Jan 3, 2003.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

How do u take the vent windows out of the doors?

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Regulate the door window glass to the full down position.
    Remove the clip from the window regulator handle, and knob from the lock rod.
    Remove arm rest screws and trim panel.
    Remove the screws attaching the ventilator lower assembly to the door panel.
    Remove the three screws at the upper front of the door frame.
    Pull upper portion of the vent assembly rearward and raise upward while rotating counter clockwise.
    Turn vent assembly 90° and carefully remove by guiding it up and out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font color>

[​IMG]

3. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

When I did mine- I was swapping doors- it was easiest to pop the main glass of track- pull it out of the door- THEN do the vent window. The other thing was to release the bolts holding the main window track- since it's connected to the big piece of the vent window inside the door-

also- the thing to NOT forget- is the TOP screw your gonna have to stand on your floor of the truck- and see it- it's at the top of the door frame- it's marked in the illistration shaggy put up- just don't forget that one.

Brandy