Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door & Vent Window Removal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cdh, Apr 28, 2004.

1. cdh

cdh Registered Member

I am replacing the door window weatherstrip, anyone have tips on how to get the window out?

Thanks

2. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

remove door panel of course and remove the rear vertical glass track and then the vent wing assembly and then remove the door glass
    its easy if youve done it before and will always be in the future once you have.

1/2" socket head oblts and phillips head screws are involved.

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

You have to remove the regular roll-up window, then you can remove the vent window by the 3 or 4 screws on the edge of door and 1 bolt down by the window crank under the door panel.

4. bablazer73

bablazer73 1/2 ton status

I have replaced several of the vent windows and have never had to remove the side glass or the rear window track. I can usually snake it out by turning it 90*. 3 bolts through the outside door frame. the 1(or2) on the window track. There are also sometimes a bolt that goes through the door frame just under the the glass frame(sort of behind the mirror area) And i also will take the rod that goes to the bottom mirror bolt out. Remove the bolt for it from the inside, and I can usually get away with just doing that and swing the bracket out of the way without messing withe the mirror itself. Once the vent window is out, the main glass will be flopping around inside the dooe enough to beable to replace the seal that runs down the rear glass channel. lat truck took me 1/2 hr per side.

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

I think a how-to write up with pictures would be a great technical article for this. Those seals leak when old and when I tried to replce them, it was a pain!!

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I shoulda done one when I converted from power to manual....hindsight is 20/20! My doors are fugly anyways... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif