Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door window vents.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by santana, Jul 4, 2003.

1. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I'm trying to remove the vent window locks but can't figure out how. Has anyone got any idea on how to do this? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

if memory serves me correctly, there is a roll pin on the bottom side of the lever, you need to push that out in order to take the lever off first /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. santana

santana 1/2 ton status

I see, I'll try that, Thanks!!

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Believe the roll pins go out/in only one way, so don't bust your vent window trying to remove it. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    if memory serves me correctly, there is a roll pin on the bottom side of the lever, you need to push that out in order to take the lever off first /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

yes roll pin you have to press it out with a small diameter nail or similar, be careful, then when you get the pin out the handle come soff and rest is straight forward easy, if the pin wont fit tight enough to stay put when you reassemble handle assembly then make a flat spot in the pin just enough to make good interference press fit in the hole in the handle so it wont go anywhere, make flat spot towards one end of the pin

there is a spring under the lock button be careful and dont let it run away from you whe you take handle off, sometimes the button and spring fly off/out but not always