Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Door year fitment Q?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by southernspeed, Nov 22, 2004.

1. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Will the doors from a late 70's C10 fit my @91 Blazer?? I believe they are the same as K5 ones from that era but don't know if they'll fit a '91 /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I would imagine all doors from 76+ would work but you might find some differences on the inside where the trim panel goes. I think throughout the years the top to bottom length of the door panels has changed which might cause the holes for the snaps to move around.

If they're electric doors the harness plugs may change also.

3. southernspeed

Thanks, anyone know for sure before I buy them? I think they'll fit but I know wings and hood changed a lot but doors???....

4. dhdescender

dhdescender 1/2 ton status

Qualicum Beach, British Columbia, Canada - Eh.
    The internals (wiring) potentially you will run into a problem, also the door panels changed in 1978 I beleive. The older style dors are compatible with new panels, but not vise versa.

One of my doors is a 1976 and the other is an 1986. So in shot, yes it will work. That said, mine door are manual everything.

5. southernspeed

thanks. It's just the bare doors I've been offered. They are new but pattern. Think I'll give them a try. I need the driver's one for the '78 and passenger one for my '91. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif