Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doors and floors

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 73burban, Nov 2, 2005.

1. 73burban

73burban Registered Member

Couple of questions, that I hope havent been asked too much...

1) Saggy doors. All of mine sag a bit, but the driver side door is pretty bad. New door hinges are a bit pricey, is there a way to tighten them up or anything?

2) Heat from the floor. It melted part of the womans purse, and she got a little pissed (guess "louie" means its good?). I was originally thinking about doing a spray in bed liner for the entire floor... now I am not so sure that is the best of ideas, unless I can figure out another way to combat that heat.

2. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

doors: hinge bushings from help section at local auto parts store

floors: obviously insulation of some sort. do you currently have bare metal floors? bedliner would help some, but not sure of its insulating properties. easy fix, don't put purse on floor :whistle:

3. 73burban

73burban Registered Member

Hah, I told her the same thing. It has carpet in there, but there is a hole in it on the passenger side, so a little patch of bare metal. I didnt know if this was a common problem, but I guess its one I will have to deal with if I go the bedliner route (figure I cant be the first to go this way...)

4. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

He could put a heat sheild above the problem under the body, right? Like the stock ones above mufflers?

5. tx_sub

tx_sub 1/2 ton status

my tranny hump gets pretty hot too. never bothered me. my feet just sweat more. throw some inexpensive heat shield under the carpet there. should help sound from tranny too.