Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doors and windshield installed finally

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Yukon Jack, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

Well, now both doors are hung and the windshield is installed. Body guy was having some fender difficulty as there was a large gap at the bottom of the fender. Body guy said adding cab shims wouldn't be enough so he said to cut 1/2" off the front radiator support blocks that I had made. I took them to a friend early this morning and a minute or so later on a $80,000 lathe and the blocks were cut down 1/2".

Hopefully the body guy will get some incentive and mount the fenders today. He still needs to shoot the steering column and he will have to redo the driver's door and the drivers fender due to some problems. So little for him to do, let's hope my truck is home soon!!!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Smoooth man.
    Always liked the stance of the 4x4 pickup /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

WOW that realy is a truck!! hahahahah
    Lookin Good YJ! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif