Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doors for 72 Blaer

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yellow72, Mar 8, 2001.

1. yellow72

yellow72 Newbie

Will doors off a 72 pickup work on a 72 blazer if the window rails were cut off? Or better yet, does anybody have any rust free doors for sale?

2. kilomanjaro

kilomanjaro 1/2 ton status

i have an original drivers door in ok shape. there is some rust in the bottom corner of the door, nothing that would not be repairable though. if you are interested email me at kilomanjaro63@hotmail.com

3. Steve_Chin

Steve_Chin 1/2 ton status

A '72 pickup door will work if cut-down, but make sure you transfer the reinforcement plate from the original Blazer door to the pickup door. Failure to do so will result in the pickup door cracking apart around the latch if you ever run topless. If you get a real Blazer door, cut the reinforcement out of your original messed-up door because I'm sure someone could use it...

4. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

The 67-72 Factory Assembly Manual has diagrams on how a stock (pick-up) door can be cut down to fit the Utility application.
    Also I remember seeing about a dozen 1/G Blazer doors stacked up at a junkyard in Tucson about a year ago. Don't know what happened to them.however.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

Wow, a dozen? How did someone manage to collect a dozen of them ? Im afraid to know..

6. BluThndr71JMMY

BluThndr71JMMY 1/2 ton status

Well, maybe it was only six.
    I'll try to swing by there (a junker in southeast Tucson) again to confirm visually. That was a few years ago anyway, and I was looking for console window switches for my Mom's '73 Lincoln so my chevy/gmc radar was on low. I didn't own a running Jimmy then so it was only the passing glimmer of one door in 516 Orange that caught my eye.(I have a C/10 stepside that color).