Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

doors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigred85, Jul 25, 2004.

1. bigred85

bigred85 Registered Member

Has anybody ever put front doors from a suburban onto a K5?? Are they shaped the same??

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Yes, I have one off of an '89 Burb that I am about to put on my '90 Jimmy.

3. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Has anybody ever put front doors from a suburban onto a K5?? Are they shaped the same??

[/ QUOTE ]

In general, trucks, Burbs and K5's use the same body parts -- best if you get the same years, i.e. a 73-80 quarter doesn't immediately interchange with an 81+. And those of us blessed with full-convertible trucks (73-75) have to cut the doors up.

But in this case, the door shells are the same, 73-91, trucks, Burbs, K5's. Interior stuff changed, so unless they're close in years the regulators, glass, and handle/panel will likely be different... but yeah, it'll bolt up.

-- A

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

The door will bolt on to the truck no problem but there was some changes made to the way the inner door was stamped along the way that effects the way the door pannel goes on. 73-77, 78-80 then 81-91. That said it's not hard to modify a 73-80 door to take a newer door panel. Going the other way and trying to put a 80s door with a 70's panel will probably not work. The door has a stamped recess for the older pannels. But hay putting the nicer 80's panel in when you swap the door is no problem and does dress up the older truck.