Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doors?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JIMMY76, Jan 1, 2005.

1. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

i have a 76 jimmy im slowly replacing all the sheet metal with new or soild used i can get a set of 84 door off a suburban for $80 in pefect condition minus a coulple door dings but i was just looking in my LMC catalog and noticed that the 76 door shell part number is different than the 84 is it just because of the mirror mounting holes or is there something else taht they wont work i know thw window tracks are different but im getting complete doors widows and all minuse one vent window and the mirrors?

p.s. if anyone has a decent set of mirros to fit an 84 i would like to take them off your hands for you

thank you

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

door info

i have been told that the doors are the same with the exption of the interior panel mounting . the older your76 didnt come full length panels , and 81-up ish did . so if your using the 84 doors complet and the panels ok . those mirrors are the same from vans also if your pick a part hunting at the yards

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

He is correct, from 75-91, all the doors are the same, with the except of the door panel mountings. But the shell, frame are all the same from burb/blazer/Crew cab