Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doors

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fink, Aug 20, 2001.

1. fink

fink Registered Member

where is the reinforcement on a blazer door as oppose to a pickup door ? I think I have modified pickup doors on my rig right now & I have found some nice pickup doors im going to cut down but where ? anyone know how to describe where to hack' em. Im good w/ a ruler. Thanx

2. Crushergmc

Crushergmc 1/2 ton status

The Jimmy/Blazer doors are reinforce at the door latch. If you modify P/U doors you must replace this spot welded piece or your doors will beat themselves apart! This is accelerated times 100 if you go offroad. If you keep in on the road, it may take a couple of years or so, but it will happen eventually. Good luck

"KEEP IT DOWN"
    70 Jimmy, 454, 2wd
    56 GMC, Big Window

3. BobK

BobK 1/2 ton status

Petrolia,Ontario,Canada but working in Port Huron,
    Here is where the factory says to cut them.I took them from the factory assembly manual.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <br>hope that helps.Couldn't find where the factory put the extra bracing in the door in the manual,sorry.
    <br>I can e-mail you the full(more detailed) version if you want.E-mail me at blazbk@excite.com
    <br>
    <br>
    &lt;br&gt;<font color="green">BobK<font color="green">
    &lt;br&gt;