Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RatMan, Mar 26, 2003.

1. RatMan

RatMan 1/2 ton status

the doors on my k5 dont close all that good. most of the time they end up in that 'half-closed' position until i notice and slam them shut. is there any way to make it easier to close them?? tia

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

The striker bolts or latches are probably worn out.

3. BOWTIE

BOWTIE 1/2 ton status

just remove them you don't need'em

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. crwln73

crwln73 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    the doors on my k5 dont close all that good. most of the time they end up in that 'half-closed' position until i notice and slam them shut. is there any way to make it easier to close them?? tia

[/ QUOTE ]
    Doors! Who needs doors they just hang up on rocks.Doorless is ther only way to wheel.You have alot better visability and just that much less sheetmetal.

[​IMG]

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

as stated above, maybe also the hindge pin

6. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I had the same problem on mine. Got 2 sets of door pins from NAPA for like $12 a piece and fixed the sagging door not closing problem.

7. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

May also be missing the hinge spring that holds the door open. Believe it or not, it really does help a lot to close the door.

8. TopOff

TopOff 1/2 ton status

My problem was the striker bolt was too high, after I replaced my door hinges.

I did't know the striker bolt could be moved up down and inside outside - a little bit.

That's all I need. Now my driver's door closes SO easily, I have to keep checking it to make sure it is fully closed. Where as before, I would ALWAYS have to open it and SLAM it shut to get it to close on the second latch.

BTW: I left it like this for about three years. My door latch mechanism wore through the top, and my striker bolt area on the body got all cracked from stress.

I took my door apart, took out the mechanism. Greased it all up, put in a new door striker bolt after I welded up all aroud it on the body.

I still need to raise the entire door about 1/4" and then move the striker back up a 1/4" and it will sit like it was new. Well - someday I will do that. But I anticipate running topless, doorless, and tailgate-less this summer.

I am still not sure what I will be doing about a side-view mirror though.