Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dope Army

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Apr 9, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Any Dope fans here? I think I've asked this before, their new CD comes out this month and I have no idea when.

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

I met three last night. Unfortunately being fans of dope, they took a ride "downtown." :D

3. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Bubba,

do you have any music you play while peeps are in the back of your car. Something like Jailhouse Rock or Prison Blues.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Actually no. I have XM in the patrol car, no CD, no cassette. If I had one of those, I would have a special selection including some hits from groups like Inner Circle, NWA, The Doors (my brother actually has like a 20 year old cassette and he plays "The End" for all of his customers), Judas Priest and that one song, "I Fought the Law."

In reality though, I would actually not play any of that for most of the people I arrest. It usually takes a lot to get me bent out of shape about something and I keep a level of professionalism and courtesy to most of the people I arrest and a lot of them see that and I usually don't get any grief out of anyone. I work in an area that is not like South Central and most of the people I hook are not some street thug in need of a personal relationship with my car hood.

Here's two examples. Friday night I got a DUI. Caught a guy that mistook a county road as Daytona and his Jaguar as a Cup car. Finally got him stopped a block from his house. With my department, officer discretion is something that at our level, most other cops would probably freak. I was 30 miles away from my jail and in the State of OK, we have a 2 hour limit from the time of arrest to test them and if we get a stop like this, we're gonna be pushing the envelope on that limit. He was totally honest with me and I was considering just hauling him home and giving him to his wife; but there was a couple of things that made me decide I better haul him in. Now don't get me wrong, I hate DUI drivers with a passion and I live to arrest them and I currently lead my department in DUI arrests for this year and probably will close out the year on top; but my outlook on this job is that we're gonna run across scrots that deserve some time in jail and I'll hook their ass in heartbeat; but sometimes just putting the fear of God into people works better than the jail experience. I attempted to call this guy's wife numerous times so she could come get the car, but I finally had to get a tow truck out there, but the wife was finally contacted and she came and got the car. Besides, from what I got from this guy and some of my colleagues, jail might have been a safe place for him last night; apparently his wife is sort of mean. :D

Another example. Last summer, a local PD guy got into a pursuit and ended up wiping out into a pasture at 110 mph while chasing the truck. Apparently he doesn't play in the dirt too much. The guy I hauled to jail was slapdown drunk and was being an ass. He ended up passing out on the way to jail and I woke him up with some of Mexico's finest music. :D

Well after that went down, I talked to a few folks and come to find out this guy has a great reputation as a welder, he's just gone down the path filled with alcohol and meth. A few weeks ago, I had to go pick him up in another state and we really wasn't talking, apparently he was sober enough to remember my Mexican music stunt. I was sitting quietly up front driving back to my jail, flipping the XM and stopped on the NASCAR channel. We ended up having a little conversation.

You know, maybe someday I'll be by that first guy's house getting my ass kicked by some scrot and he'll see it and remember that even though I arrested him, I did every thing to keep his precious Jag from being impounded and instead of letting him squirm in the back seat get torqued by the cuffs, I released them far enough so he could have some comfort for the long ride and come save my ass; or I could have been an ass and he'll help the bad guy out.

Don't know what will happen down the road, but not everyone I arrest is a ****head and I don't treat everyone I arrest as a ****head. Just the ones that are ****heads get treating like they are. :D

5. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Well I've never taken you for anything but professional.

It was just the image in my head of Belushi and Akroyd at the end of Blues Brothers. I could just see you hauling some idiot to lock-up with corresponding music, gave me a chuckle.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

If I had the ability, I would "entertain" the ones that deserve it.

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i like dope. ive only got "felons and revolutionaries" though