Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dose mounting have any effect?

Discussion in 'Audio' started by weisel, Apr 12, 2001.

1. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

Will mounting my JVC am/fm/cd player facing strait up in my consol effect it? What I mean is, will it still work as if it was horizontal in the dash?

Insurred by Smith & Wesson

2. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

No it won't work. Those bastards at Tuffy should warn people not to put CD players in those consoles. Most DIN sized CD players aren't designed to operate at angles greater than 30 degrees...and those consoles are way more than that. Why don't you want to put it in the dash? Or I guess if you ONLY listen to the radio, you'd be OK. Or you could just get a casette deck in the console and have a CD changer under the seat or something.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

3. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

That would explain it then, the cd player would only sometimes work without ryme or reason. The player was in the consol when I bought the truck. I guess I'll put it in the dash, it sucks though...the guy who put it in the consol rivited the damn thing in. thanks for the help.

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I beg to differ. I have a JVC CD player mounted in my Tuffy console. It works great! I haven't had any problems with it yet and it has been working fine since Christmas.

74 Blazer
    Kashmir
    Zepplin

5. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

It may not be skipping but you're not doing the CD player any favors. Its going to wear out quicker that way. I've installed 100's of CD players and that is just not the best way to do it.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

6. weisel

weisel 1/2 ton status

'73 K5 was right. I took it out of the consol and layed it on top of it to test the idea. It works now better than before. It took, read, and played all cds (I had trouble trying to get it to play burrned cds most of the time). I could hear it grab and spin the cd when horizontal, but when I put it vertical, it couldn't grab it. Thanks.