Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

DOT legal beadlocks...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by chevyfumes, May 6, 2003.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

not sure what they mean by "cast/forged" aluminum... but if the parts that will get hit with rocks are the later, then all is good. I think they are some pretty sexy wheels myself... pretty innovative ideas with the little air up/down/pressure guage module thingies. Prolly ridiculously $pendy, but still something new/interesting in the world of rims... and lets face it, new tech in that part of the hobby isnt that common...

j

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

i saw these in a mag a month ago or so, I called the place, and was talkin to them about the wheels, and the guy said, he estimated these wheels to come in around 500per, i was kinda shocked, and said "damn thats expensive" then he told me "HAve you looked at the prices of beadlocks before?" i told him sams offroad sells rockathon beadlocks for 170per, granted these wheels are bad ass, but [censored], way outa my price range.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah, that is a rip... but some peeps buy $700 bumpers or anti-wrap bars and stuff so the rich folk are definitely out there. I just think the design is interesting... if it works well, and they sell some, its only a matter of time before the price comes down. Remember when 37" MTRs were like for-sponsored-competitors only and like $400 a pop? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j