Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Double cardan joint on both ends. Seen one in the Jyard

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cybrfire, Feb 1, 2003.

1. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I asked the owner of the yard about it and he said it came off of a cadillac. I asked him if it would whip like a jump rope and he said no. Don't understand this. Anybody seen these yet. Maybe on the caddy they have like zero angle to make it work. I'm gona investigate more...

2. wrathORC

wrathORC 1/2 ton status

You find them on Cadillacs and most big cars of the 70s. I asked my Dad about it when I was perusing a junkyard with him what this axle was doing with a flange instead of a yoke. Just about every Impala from the seventies had them. The big Monte Carlos of the early seventies had them too.

My Dad said they did it to get rid of noise and vibration and it was no big deal since these vehicles only had a few degrees of angle to overcome. He didn't think they'd hold up too well on my slip-yoke NP208.

I've actually been thinking about going to junkyards and snagging as many of these as I can.

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

very common, have seen one on a 79 caddy limo 425th400 8.5" i cut up and a 74 delta 88 455th400 8.5" also

they use round flat axle yoke flange, just like on output of alot of transfer cases like the 203''s do