Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

double cardon cv ball kit ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Thumper, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, I am about to undertake an adventure... replacing the entire ball/ spring/ u-joints in my front driveshaft double cardon cv. Any pointers? Any warnings?

Mike

2. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

its a pain it the A$$ is you don't have a press. you need to either heat the caps up to melt the plastic holding them in or press them out. plus its easier to press the caps in while holding everything else other than having a helper hold the stuff while you beat it in. just my opinion /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Thumper

Thumper 1/2 ton status

Well, Im back. It wasnt bad. I do have a press, and had a helper of a sorts. The only issue was that I busted the H coupler trying to get the first u-joint out of it. So, I had to strip apart my spare which hadnt been apart before. I heated the caps, and got the plastic out and everything went together pretty good. Now I can put the shaft on tomorrow and will be back to fully operational 4WD! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Later
    Mike