Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Double Wall Hard top Bolt sizes?

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rhody, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Rhody

Rhody Registered Member

I am about to put my hardtop back on. Unfortunately I no longer have the bolts or their sizes. Can anyone help please? Also, If I get the hard top back on, And I cut the rocker panels and boxes out. Will I have allignment problems and if so, What can I do to prevent the body from getting tweaked?

2. LKJR

LKJR 1/2 ton status

good luck I never found them either..

3. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I also have a double wall hardtop with no bolts. So I'd be very appreciative if someone listed the bolt sizes.

4. 69K5

69K5 1/2 ton status

add me to the list. this hurricane is dumpin some rain here

nathan

5. JoshA

JoshA 1/2 ton status

all of the bolts for the hard top (double wall, not sure if there is a difference for single wall)
    are 5/16". the bolts for the bed rails are 2" long, and the 2 center windsheild frame bolts are 1" long (maybe 1 1/2").
    the bolts that go through the visor hangers are closer to 3" long but I'm not sure about their exact length.

6. tp85

tp85 1/2 ton status Premium Member

My two center windshield bolt holes appear to be only *holes*. Are they supposed to have a threaded nut on the inside of the hole (inside the windshield frame)?

7. TONYP

TONYP 1/2 ton status

I'm sure you have the nuts in the windshield frame, just not where you want them. You might find them by the window side post. So how do you put a screw into it? I'm at work and truck is home so I can't look to see how I did it, but I think I drilled a hole on each side of the missing nut and taped it. Then I drilled 2 new holes to match in the top bracket, If you need more info or pics let me know.