Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Double-wall hard top question

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ShinnyHelmet, Jan 25, 2002.

1. ShinnyHelmet

ShinnyHelmet Registered Member

Ok..so I take the top off last week to repair some fiberglass and re-tap the bolt holes and re-rivit the rivits next to the bolt holes, sand the inside and put on a few nice coats of the paint. Friday,I am doing the weatherstripping..so anyway Im looking at the bolt holes on the top and then at the bed rails and then back at the top...and relize that the top has 6 holes and the bed rails have 4 holes. When i took off the top their were only 2 bolts on each side...i really thought nothing of it..thinking that the previous owner didnt have enough or didnt care as long as the top wasnt going anywhere. So...with a double wall top...how the hell do i get acurrate holes? Also their are some other types of hole on the bed rails...but they almost look like at one point they were partially filled ...not sure what holes i should go with...anyway....all i see so far are 2 maybe that would line up...any suggestions? thanks

2. rrent

rrent 1/2 ton status

I re-did my top just a couple of months ago and I believe there are 4 bolts per side (if not 5). I'll crawl back there this evening and try to measure them off for you. There are big not-used holes, but the holes for the bolts are just the right size for the bolts.

'72 Blazer mostly stock original "Baby Poop" yellow color