Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler and Driveshaft angles

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by ChadH82, May 21, 2001.

1. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

If I have the doubler setup and a 6 inch lift what kind of modifications will I have to do to get my driveline angles running and with no vibrations? Will I need to have my pinion rotated in the front? CV's on both driveshafts? What degree shims for the year? Any help will be appreciated.

Chad

2. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

I have the same a doubler with 6 inchs of lift.I have the Shackle flip in the rear.My new driveshaft i just had made was like only 32 inchs long.It is a cv type I had too put in a 4 degree shim in the rear with the shackle flip too gat the angles perect.The front is real easy.It is like 36 inchs long now i don't even have a cv type one in front any more because the angles are so good.I even took the 4 degree shmis i had in front because i don't need them any more too keep the driveshaft from binding.Hope this helps.In the rear i personally think the only way you are goning too get a driveshaft tooo work vib free is too go with a CV type one because the angle is pretty steep and my stock driveshaft wouldn't even angle down far enough.Hope this helps.