Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

doubler came thursday & I need advice.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by great scott, Sep 7, 2003.

1. great scott

great scott 1/2 ton status

Thursday after work I found my new genII on the pourch. Friday I started putting it togather, but got stuck. My sm 465/ np 205 adaptor has the round bolt pattern so I need to drill and tap the round pattern into the 203 range box. Dose anyone know the correct way to do this so that I am not just gessing. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

If I am not mistaken the input bearing retainer of the 203 should just fit the opening of round pattern adaptor. Use this to start, then postion the 203 at the rotation you want. But, you will have to consider how it will affect the 205 position. It is relatively easy to drill and tap the face of the 203, just make sure you take your time.

3. great scott

I'll give that a try. I am not woried about drilling and taping just want to get it in the right position.

4. great scott

was a bit tight but worked. I used an angle meter to match up to the duobler mounts. Now when the triple sticks get here all be ready to stick it in. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am glad to hear that things are working out. Let me know how the triple stick works out. I had one of the first ones out and it is still working fine.