Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

doubler clocked flat Qs and Ps?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MNorby, Nov 5, 2005.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I just got my WMS dual case adaptor. I asked for a flat bottom clocking to gain clearance and got a perfectly flat laying 205 clocking. A little more than expected but was going to see who else is running like this? Driveline and frame/ exhaust clearance issues etc??? Thanks. I may re-drill my 203 to fit my 241 adaptor and clock it back down if need be. Thanks.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

by flat you mean the input/outputs are on at the same height? yikes, hope you have a high pinion front end! Honestly, if its not what you want, I'd just call WMS and tell them about your problem... I have little doubt that they'd exchange it.

I talked to Casey for 10 minutes or so when I ordered mine and talked about different amounts of clocking... we agreed that with a standard low pinion diff, even with a high angle shaft, clocking the case just enough that the bottom was flat was the best option. The belly on my k5 will probably not be totally flat... but it'll be close. Thats good enough for me. Doc Watson himself said that the flat belly was 'cool, but not THAT big of a deal' in a recent clocking thread...

j

3. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Well, I just PMed them so see what they say. Do you have a pic of yours so I can see about how high it will be? Right now my 241 is clocked up and it is perfect. I think I basically want what my budy Joe has with his 2" up ORD doubler plate.