Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

doubler combination questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by short sub, Jun 2, 2005.

1. short sub

short sub Registered Member

i have an ord doubler- triple sticked- 32 spline yada yada, and i have heard that it isnt recommended to run the 203 in low and the 205 in high. Is this true? and if so why? i like that range. thanks Ryan

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I saw a post by Watson (in the ORD forum) that said this scenerio could break their shaft.

3. tarussell

tarussell 1/2 ton status

It is uaually wise to use your reduction as far down the line as possible so that the reduction , or torque multiplication is at a minimum at certain points. Running a range box in low and a 205 in high range puts more stress on the input shaft of the transfercase but when the transfercase is in low range it makes life easier on the input gear/shaft because of the help from less resistance from the gear reduction of the case.
    I don't think they ( ORD ) are worried about a weak link , it is just wise to use your reduction as far down the line as possible when ever possible to avoid over powering certain parts when it is not needed.
    I hope this makes sense - Tom