Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler for a 241?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by chvyhs, Mar 10, 2002.

1. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

Will there be an adapter to put a 203 in front of a 241? Right now I have a T400 and a 241 in my 91 Suburban.

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

PM Rene...he is trying to put a 205 behind a 241.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

We can do the 241 behind the 203 now, it's a variation of our Atlas version Doubler so it's not exactly a high production item, but it can be done. Along the same lines we can stick a 32 spline NP208 back there too if you had any desire to do so. Problem is if you want to upgrade to a 205 later it's kind of tough since the 205 with the round bolt pattern is rare. But 241's don't spontaneously explode either, they're a pretty strong case.

4. chvyhs

chvyhs 1/2 ton status

What do I need to look for in a 203 then? Round bolt pattern? What spline count, again I have a T400 in front of the 241. Is it any harder than what you show on your website?

5. Stephen

You need a 32 spline input and a GM, dodge or ford 203. Easy way to start would be with the GM. Drill the face out to match the adapter you have and bolt it up. Don't drill till you have the Doubler kit so you can use it to set the rotation.

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

What's the price on the Dub Kit for the 203/241? Could be something for my bro.
    Boss

7. Stephen

Probably closer to $800 since its kind of a non standard part. It doesn't directly interchange with a 205 so we have to have a special plate for the t-case side of it.

8. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Along the same lines I've posted in the
    regular k5 forum, on doubling a 208
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo05/aaw>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/albuo05/aaw</a> aside from the cross members, shift linkage, drive lines, adapters, what could I expect from this? as far as troubles or problems....in the pix they are mated output to input. I'd planned on removing chain from leading t-case. What final ratio would I end up with?

White Knight (orginal and Texan)

9. Stephen

With using the 203 to go to a 208/241, you'll just bolt it up. The mounting foot will be on the the adapter we build. The back of the adapter will be the same as the back of the factory adapter so it will bolt right up. Past that it really is just the details you asked about, driveshafts, crossmembers, etc.
    You'll have 2:1, 2.6:1 and 5.2:1 in the t-cases.
    Hope this is what you were asking.