Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler Gen II

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Bigd, Nov 13, 2000.

1. Bigd

Bigd 1/2 ton status

Just visited the ORD site again.They say a Gen II doubler is in the works.They where already closed before i could call.Has anybody heard any thing about this one?Thanks

2. Brady

Brady 1/2 ton status

I heard the gen 2 is going to shorten up the adapter so that overall it is the same length as the 203.This means if you have a 203 now and put the Doubler in your shafts should work with no mods.Brady

'73Beautiful Disaster

3. 1HIHUM

1HIHUM 1/2 ton status

I have a 205 now, behind a turbo 350. How much longer is the current doubler, and how much should the new one be, total?

4. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

What if we want the extra length of the Gen 1 doubler??? I mean, I have a 12" lift and desperatly NEED front driveshaft length (this is in a Suburban). Now what do I do??? Maybe hang a divorced 205 under there and forget the doubler....hmmmm......

ken

5. LittlePig

LittlePig 1/2 ton status

Ken, the current doubler moves the output face for the front shaft even further back than stock. I think yer gonna have to grit yer teeth and spring for a longer front shaft.

Email: xiaozhu@my-deja.com

6. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

I mean, I need the length so as to decrease the front driveshaft angle. Oh yeah, I could purchase the $750 80 degree angle CV shaft, but why? That's alotta folding stuff!!!

ken

7. titanic

titanic 1/2 ton status

Ken, don't worry, the first style Doubler uses stock adapters and ORD will still be able to set you up. I got my Doubler for my sub for just the same reason you were talking about...a longer front driveshaft. I even run a manual with a 8" lift and the front driveshaft was my weak link but not anymore. In fact, the Doubler improved the angle so much I don't have to use a CV joint.