Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler in a DD, anybody have problems with the 203 slipping out of HI?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by FWP, Dec 8, 2002.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

Just curious if anyone has the same problem. I know therobzilla does, and from a search, BILLYRAY also. Marv Springer's doesn't, and I haven't figured out why yet. Any suggestions or solutions would be cool. The bungee cord thing needs a permanent fix.....

2. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

one thing i do know (or think i know) is Marv has a gen I doubler--are the ones having problems all in gen II's

3. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Fred,

As you know, I too have this problem, the 203/HI range shifter slipping out of gear.

I can't believe no one else has had this problem using the Gen II doubler.

Anyone???

Therobzilla

4. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I got a problem w/ my doubler....

When I'm flyin' down the interstate, it slips into triple-high-and-a-half, and I get goin' so fast that the hood blows off! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Just tell Josh to quit kickin' the levers /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Marv

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Are you using the stock shifter for the 203?
    Stock shfter on the unmolested 203 has a detent mechanisim in it that prevents it from coming out of the gear it was put in by any other way than the lever being moved. Does that shifters your now using do that?

6. FWP

FWP CRS

No, the stock 203 shifter is not used, generally, for the doubler setup. I have a post on the ORD board from a week or so ago, bringing the detent thing up. The single range case shift needs to be designed to hold it in place. The original 203 shifter handles that problem, but I am trying to find out if anyone has come up with a solution for the shift out of gear, without a detent in the shifter mech. I have a few ideas, but before I try to re-invent the wheel /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif..........