Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler install help please

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SCOOBYDANNN, Dec 13, 2003.

1. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

I posted this in the ORD section too, but didn't know if Steve would be on this weekend.

What is the best way to get the shift fork out when it's the type that dosn't come out on purpose.

thanks

2. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Huh? Are you talking about the range box? I'm afraid I'm not following you... but it's late and I'm exhausted... maybe in the moring. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

G-night all! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Remove the pin from the shift fork and booya it comes out! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

sorry---bad choice of words---i mean the shift rod---the one that comes out of the 203 or the range box.

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I'll give this a shot /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Remove the nut that holds the external shift linkage,remove linkage, then there is a snap ring holding the next link in place. Remove that, then remove that linkage. Now you should be able to push the shaft into the case, it doesn't take alot. That should allow you to remove the internal link. Then push the shaft back out in to position. Sure hope that is the one you are talking about /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

If your talking about the rod from the range box to the chain box, just crack the case ¼ or so and cut it. That’s what I did.

Or are you talking about the rod twisted by the external linkage to work the internal rods, the one with the little linkage brackets on the outside of the range box? If so, that doesn't need to come off. Just leave the unneeded portion in there, it's the easiest way and hurts nothing...