Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler is in the truck!!

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by schneggie, Mar 20, 2002.

1. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

Steve,

Just wanted to say that putting the doubler in was the easiest thing that I've had to do to the truck to get ready for Moab. It was in in a matter of hours and works great in the garage, havent pulled it out on the road yet. Sorry about calling once a week wondering when the doubler was gonna ship, was just getting a little nervous about the time I had to install it in. Well guess I'll see you sometime this weekend, I forgot to return the mailer you sent out, oops.

Thanks again Steve for everything!!

Greg

2. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Just curious what setup did you go with? Did you clock your 205 and if so did you lift the body or cut the floor?

3. Mr.Chevy4x4

Mr.Chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

Congrats! I am playing the waiting game also. I'm just glad they told me up front that it would be a month before it shipped. I have dealt with a lot of companies who knew they didn't have the part in stock but didn't bother to tell me that until I called back a week later.
    I ordered mine with the 205 clocked up 2 inches so that the bottom of it will be level with the bottom of the 203 range box. This will make fabricating a skid plate much easier, not to mention the added clearance.
    Let us know next week how the weekend went and how you liked the new setup.

Mike

4. schneggie

schneggie 1/2 ton status

I went with the same setup as you. I will let you know how it went.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Glad it worked out so well! I know we were a bit behind our ship date so I was worried about holding you up.
    Funny how easy it is to put it all together when you get started, seems like it should be a bigger deal. I've had guys used to installing marlin crawlers and stuff like that that really liked the Doubler because it is so straight forward.
    See you there. I was planning on you being there even though you slacked off on the stamp. No biggie.