Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler Price...

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Kyle89K5, Dec 23, 2003.

1. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

The wife is on board. She's told me to start putting together costs to make the truck Blazer like I want it. I'm putting together my list and want a doubler. What I'm looking for is how much for the thing ready to bolt in. This is the "open checkbook" doubler. She's decided she doesn't want a 60 in my truck, she's heard they can break. We're looking at Rockwells. That should give you an idea of HOW BEEFY we want this thing. Time frame wise, that's still up in the air. Our son is expected to be born about any day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif so we are saving as we go.

I've currently got a 350/700/241 combo going. I'm prb. going to keep the 350/700 SOOOOOOOOO....... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flat bellypan rotation, triple shift, complete ready to bolt in unit (minus any tranny mods /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

What do you think? I would have called, but it I feel like a jackhole pulling you out of the shop just to answer my questions OVER AND OVER AND OVER /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks in advance Doc.

BTW, WHERE'S MY STICKERS!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

LH front diff I assume? LH front makes all this easier.
    Adding everything up with the ford 205 comes to about $2200.00. This is with 32 spl. outputs, front wheel ability, shifter, etc. You would still have to put the shaft in the TH700.
    Lets save your checkbook some shock since I know you have some mechanical ability. You can get this as low as about $1100 if you work on the cases yourself. That's kind of the range to consider.

Rockwells break too.....

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I'll set up ~$1500. Knowing me, there WILL be some misc. BS that I run into. I can't go to the store and buy a gallon of milk without there being a hidden cost /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

no doubt, rockwells will break, but I'm hoping that they will hold up for a few minutes longer than the u-joint a week I'm going through with my 10 bolt. I'd go to a 60, but it's cheaper to setup rockwells than to buy a setup 60. My wife wants me to run 44's (I love that woman) so I'll just skip 1 tons and go straight to 2.5's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My wife wants me to run 44's (I love that woman) so I'll just skip 1 tons and go straight to 2.5's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she have a sister!?!

5. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    My wife wants me to run 44's (I love that woman) so I'll just skip 1 tons and go straight to 2.5's /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she have a sister!?!

[/ QUOTE ]

3, but the others aren't NEAR as understanding as this one /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Trust me when I tell you this, I would NEVER swap her for one of her sisters /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif