Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler Question

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by ShitownK5er, Aug 21, 2005.

1. ShitownK5er

ShitownK5er 1/2 ton status

So today i got my 86 blazer to move under its own power. Now my question is i have the ORD doubler but i bought it used so im confussed on the shifting. Its got the triplestick setup. The 203 i understand all the way front is low middle is neutral and back is nothing just normal. The next two on the 205 have me stumped. I can only move one one click then i need to move the other one and so on till either theyre all the way back or forward. So is this normal and if so can someone describe this to me on how the order is? I feel like an idiot did the whole swap myself got it running but cant figure out how to use it.

Cody

2. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

It sounds like your 205 isn't set up to be twin sticked so both shifters are working as the single shifter does, it pulls one then the other which is exactly how the single shifter works you have to get new rods(?) or grind on yours. Then it will be a true twin stick. The process is not all that hard just won't be fun in the vehicle.
    I did mine just don't have it running yet. The only difference is you won't have front only or rear only, the 205 will perform like factory.

3. miniwally

miniwally 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You have exactly what you need for the triple stick. The ORD rails are ground to the correct tolerances for the twin stick part of the 205 so you cannot get the front into high and the rear into low or vice-versa.
    What you have is the middle position is neutral on all three sticks. You should get low double low with all sticks forward and high ranges with all sticks fully back.
    To shift the 205 from low to high you first have to move one lever to neutral then the other can go to high range then move the other to high.

Always run the 205 in low range if you are only using a single low range at the time.

4. ShitownK5er

ShitownK5er 1/2 ton status

ok thanks guys so i take it the 205 needs the shift rails ground so i can disconet the front or rear driveshafts ill mess with it now to figure it out ill post if i have any questions. also is there any write ups on grinding the shift rails?

5. kgblazerfive

kgblazerfive keymaster Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Can you put one forward or back and keep the other in the middle?

6. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

ORD 205 shift instruction page

If your 205 has modified shift rails, you can get front drive only. Front drive is all you gain with modified rails, you can get all the other positions.

Read the shift instruction page, it'll walk you through the 205 positions and the order you have to shift if you don't have modified rails. If your rails are cut, the only thing you can't do is cross shift (one in high, one in low) so you have to follow miniwally's procedure, shift one stick to "N", then the other to your desired range, then bring the first stick from "N" to the desired range.