Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Russ, Nov 23, 2000.

1. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

I am installing the ORD Doubler in my 90 Blazer and I am trying to figure out what to do about the speedometer. I was hoping somebody out there who has put a 205 in a later model truck could tell me what they did. My speedometer works off of an electronic pickup in the 241 transfer case. The 205 has the mechanical speedo output. Is there someplace that I can get an electronic output for the 205? Thanks for the help.

2. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

YES! Find TPIS or Arizona speed and marine. I have one on my 205. Mine is 4000 pulse/mile, and yours prolly is, too. I can look it up if you can't find it. Anyways, it's about $60.

Squash
    http://www.trailrunners4x4.org/users/realsquash

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

4. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the help. I will try Arizona Speed and Marine and see what I can find. I spent all day today hanging the SM465, 203 gearbox and 205 case. All three of those boxes are extremely heavy. I have an extra 465 and 241 combo here now that I will be getting rid of as soon as I get to test drive this rig and make sure everything works. That combo that I took out only has 66K on it. I have two more questions though. Has anyone put a CV flange on their front 205 output. I am thinking that if I can find a front flange then I may be able to have my front driveshaft lengthened and use it. I was also curious about the crossmember. What have those of you that have put the doubler in used for crossmember's. My original one will not fit at all. I am thinking that I am going to have to limp the truck down to a shop and have a custom crossmember made.