Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

doubler shifter

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by four_by_ken, Apr 30, 2002.

1. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

How will the shifter work with a 3 inch body lift? Still ok?

Ken H.

2. RaisedK5

RaisedK5 1/2 ton status

i have a 2" body lift and its at its limits, by that i mean, i had to bend them a little to come up thru the stock hole, and i had to adjust it perfectly to get it to work without enlarging the hole, it just about hitting the edges front and back, witha 3" it would be worse, you could either enlarge the hole , or i thought about making a plate to mount the shifters a little higher so the pivot is closer to the bottom of the floor, the linkage should still work, Thats what i found, hope it works for you.

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Previous reply pretty much lined it out, you will probaly run into throw problems with a 3". An offset plate to raise the pivot up may be possible. The linkage should work out OK, we may need a bend in one of the rods where it drops under the 203 shifter pivot.
    We designed it around a 1" so we could cover stock to 2" lift, a 3" body is a bit outside of the parameters we used but not a problem that can't be overcome.

4. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Well, I talked myself into it.. placed a nice big order from you guys. Just waiting for a phone call back from you to talk about the shifter and body lift problems.

Ken H.