Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by 84Sierra, Feb 23, 2002.

1. 84Sierra

84Sierra Registered Member

I have a 400/205. With the Gen II I would have to get a 203 and use the 205 adapter between the 400 and 203 and drill new holes in the 203 for the 205 adapter. Then the 205 would bolt right to the ord adapter. Is this correct? So all I need to get is a 203 and the Gen II kit and I can hook this all up. Does it matter what the 203 was bolted too?

2. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

Yes it will matter you will need the 203 off what ever your transmission is it will use the factory mounts at the input shaft and if you have a 205 / 400 laying around I will buy it
    Steve is this right?

89 gmc jimmy 35" 10bolt front and back
    but the build up is on the way

3. 84Sierra

84Sierra Registered Member

I'm refering to number 3 on under the TH400 part of the doubler description on the ord website that say's you can use a TH400 that was mated to a 205. What I'm looking for is what NP203 I can be used with what I already have and if I need anything to get anything else with this combination other than the ord kit.

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

all you need is the 203 from a th400 and the kit. then you are set.
    Grant

take me drunk, i am home
    www.geocities.com/seventy4blazer/parts4sale.html

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

To do the adapter you're looking at you need a factory 205 to TH400 with a ROUND bolt pattern. And if you have the round bolt pattern already there's a good chance you're not going to have the right output shaft in the TH400 to work with the 4" adapter housing and the NP203.
    No matter what you're going to need a 203 with a 32 spline input gear. You can start with any GM or Dodge 203 and swap the input gear in, or find a 203 with the right gear to start with.

This is complicated, no doubt about it but if you've read what you have you're obviously willing to learn it so keep working with on it and we'll help you where we can.

Making the world better, one truck at a time.
    SW-ORD
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.offroaddesign.com>www.offroaddesign.com</a>