Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

doubler

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ok91blazer, Jul 11, 2002.

1. ok91blazer

ok91blazer Registered Member

hey guys (and girls), i was hoping that you could clear up some Q's for me about a doubler. How does it work, and how do you set it up, and what all do you need, and how much does it usually run. right now i have a NP241 for a t-case under my 91. and thanx for any insight. /forums/images/icons/confused.gif

2. ok91blazer

ok91blazer Registered Member

sorry another Q. whats ideal driveline agle?

3. MaxCrack

MaxCrack 1/2 ton status

Check out the ORD forum for many discussions on this topic. But quickly, the ORD doubler allows you to mount an NP205 transfercase to the range box of an NP203 Tansfercase. This gives the standard 1:1 or 2:1 of the 203 and 1:1 or 1.9:1 of the 205 (plus 2 or 4 wheel drive with the 205). So you can go 1:1, 2:1 or 3.9:1 gear ratios. To set it up, you basically take the chain drive off the 203, put the doubler on then put the 205 on. You need the obvious things, a 203 a 205 (with a 32 spline input) and the doubler. You will also need to figure out how to set up the shifters. And you may need another crossmember.

As for ideal drive line angle...that would be 0 degrees. But that is highly unlikely to happen with our trucks.

4. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

This is a big question, check out a couple things, one is our site, there should be a link in the sig. below. The other is do a search, one in the ORD forum might be most productive but there's good info in several places here.

5. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

this is what i came up with as far a s price goes$$$$. i already have a 203 and a 205 it's a 10 spline so i have to convert it o 23 spline and i have to make it fix yoke also. but to do all this plus the adapter and new shifters. is gonna cost $1500 ouch and thats not including the cash its gonna cost for new drive shafts ($600) $bling $bling. but if you are thinking about doing serious trails this is the best set up to have. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif as for me it's gonna be a year or two till i can afford something like that /forums/images/icons/frown.gif