Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doubler

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by rugger03, Jan 2, 2001.

1. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

Stephen-
    I'm in the process of collecting parts for the doubler. i just found a donor truck with a TH400/203 combo and want to start looking for a 205. Looking at your web site i'm still unsure as to which one to get. It's going into a K5 so is there different lengths? This will be used as a daily driver will this have any adverse effects on the doubler? and does it use noticaable amounts of horsepower by going through an additional gear box? Sorry for long post. i decieded to post instead of call incase others have the same questions.

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

The info on the website is now obsolete. All we have is the Gen2 Doubler (with the exception of a few dodge TH400 versions and a couple GM 400 versions) and that's just what you'll need for your K5. Length wise it's the same as the 203, so it'll fit just fine. As for drag, it's more than the alum t-cases by a good bit, and probably pretty similar to a 203 originally. Some of that can be taken care of by running thinner oils or synthetics. As for daily driving, there aren't any real drawbacks past the little bit of drag. Durability is not any different than just running a 205 alone.
    You're well on the way to having the most bulletproof drivetrain possible
    For some more details on the Gen2, check some of the back posts on this forum.
    Thanks

[​IMG]
    SW-ORD