Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doug Thorley Headers for 2nd gen. K5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Z3PR, Nov 15, 2002.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Where do you get the Doug Thorley tri-y's ????? I've done meny searches on the net for them without any luck. Please post a link.

2. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

Thorley headers They have them, but will probably have to order them depending on application. I called a couple of weeks ago for my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifand they said it was a special order item and they would be 419.95 shipped to my door. Not a bad price /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

3. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i just got done putting a set on by burb , should be the same fit for your blazer. the ones i bought came with air injection and i got them from www.summitracing.com there web site is a piece of cake to work with. i paid (i think) 349$ (part# DTE-364Y-S) for the set good price, however i thought it came with a "y pipe" so i could run a 3" single exhaust. but it didn't show up at my door with one, i called, they said sorry there was a mix up ((my mistake))(the people at summit are great to) i asked if they could get me a y pipe they said no you can't get them seperatly , so if i wanted to get them the way i wanted them it would take 4 months, because they (thorley) would need to make them... the good news was the headers they sent were the same except for the missing y-pipe so i kept them and made them work. i had to weld up my own y-pipe from elbows and stuff, very easy though..

the fit of the thorleys was perfect! great headers!

you could visit www.truckperformance.com there site is nice to and the list all of thorleys parts , however the price seemed much higher than summit , maybe that was beause they came with a y-pipe , i don't know..

4. husurddy

husurddy 1/2 ton status

Snow Hill, Maryland, go east \'till you hit water
    I picked up my Thorley tri-y's from summitracing.com. I was told it would be a bear of an install but it was pretty easy and they fit like a glove too. Very happy with the Thorleys /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. rcpilot

rcpilot 1/2 ton status

Check out Stan's Headers I believe part # 173Y fit 73-87 283-400 and are Tri-Y's.. go for $335.00. They are located in WA. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Impex

Impex 1/2 ton status

installed a set of try-y's on my 78 with the sm465 and it fit perfect, doesn't hit a thing even with the Off-Road Designs HD shackles (very very close though) /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif