Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Doug Thorley or Doug's Headers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Desert Rat, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Anybody know what is up with Doug Thorley vs. Doug's Headers? I see Jardine bought Doug Thorley. But, I have seen some websites claiming Doug Thorley went back into business as Doug's Headers. Anybody have any info on this? I was going to get a set of DT headers but I wonder if the Doug's headers are better?

2. mtrdrms

mtrdrms 1/2 ton status

I dont know about the business side of things but I do have a set of the triple-nickel DT tri-y's and they are a stout item. they have held up very well (a little blue) and made a good improvement on my TBI 350.

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

From what I've read, Doug Thorley went through a divorce, got screwed out of the company and started up Doug's headers..........................

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

Biatches.... :rolleyes:

5. Desert Rat

I think I read that somewhere else too. I'm just wondering if the DT brand headers are still good quality or if the Doug's headers would be better.

6. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

If the Divorce story is true, then I would go with Dougs headers. Screw the B!tch

7. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

yes this is true, i have a buddy that knows the whole story. he has told me about it probably 2 years ago. i think he actually knows Doug him self. dont remember the details but his c**t of a wife took HIS company in the divorce.

8. grimjaw

grimjaw 1/2 ton status

I just found this on Doug's Headers web site.

Welcome to Doug's Headers.

On January 14, 2005 PerTronix Inc. purchased the assets of Doug’s Headers, a 47 year old exhaust products manufacturer and a current SEMA member.

Doug’s Headers will continue operating in Riverside, California and is the newest addition to PerTronix exhaust division, which began with the acquisition of Ermie Immerso Enterprises. Doug’s Headers is the perfect compliment to our existing line of exhaust products including a complete line of headers, mufflers, exhaust systems and components for the Street Rod, Muscle Car and air cooled Volkswagen markets under the Patriot, Thunderbird and Smithy’s brand names.

9. Desert Rat

Doug Thorley or Doug's Header UPDATE

I found a listing for Tri-Y headers on that site and one for my rig. No idea of how much they cost yet though. I guess I'll have to call them. When I sent an inquiry to the Doug Thorley site about headers I got a prompt e-mail response on what I needed with a price quote which impressed me.

UPDATE: Price quote on the Doug Thorley headers was going to run me about $650 with shipping for the 364YSC. This is a Tri-Y with the four smog fittings on each side and ceramic coating. Called Doug's Headers and they confirmed that Doug is Doug Thorley. Got a part number from them and called their warehouse. Price for their Tri-Y ceramic coated four smog port header set was $440 with shipping. The lady at the warehouse told me they were about the best quality header they ship and this warehouse ships all the other brands as well. So, we'll see how it goes. Here are the links to the two sites:

Doug's Headers
    Click on the top right to download a .pdf catalog

Doug Thorley Headers

Last edited: Nov 15, 2005
  10. Desert Rat

Well, a correction already. The warehouse called me back and said they were out of the black ones, do I want the ceramic ones. According to Doug's Headers, they only make ceramic ones. So, I called Doug's back and they said somebody made a mistake and quoted the old price list. They used to make black painted ones, and ceramic ones. Now they only do ceramic. I ordered it anyway since it was still cheaper than the DT's by about 40-50 bucks. I called Doug's back to let them know the warehouse boo boo'ed and they are sending me a T-shirt for my troubles. Pretty good folks on the phone, I'll report back on the product when it comes in.