Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dovetail support ideas

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by outlawtorn, Nov 12, 2005.

1. outlawtorn

outlawtorn 1/2 ton status

Well we dovetailed my brothers truck last weekend.We kinda rigged it up using the old rusty bed supports and some square tubing... needless to say it broke the day after we got it done. So now we have it sitting in the garage and we cant really come up with any bulletproof ideas on how to brace it correctly. Any ideas you guys have will be very much appreiciated.

[​IMG]

2. outlawtorn

anyone>?

3. PsychoticDeadGuy

PsychoticDeadGuy 1/2 ton status

you gonna hae a cage? i would say tie it into a cage or make some x braces to hold it together.

4. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

5. outlawtorn

Well its my brother's truck so im not to sure what his plans are as of now. We just started this project last week... what we've got together so far are some 38" tsl's, rims, 4.88's and the dovetail. Im pretty sure he'll throw a cage in sooner or later but i doubt hell tie it into the rear.

We are looking for a simple design to use... we are far from being master fabricators so we gotta keep it simple :p:

Cyber thats a sick looking setup but its alittle over our heads lol :wink1:

I was thinking something along the lines of this....crappy i know but i just threw it together in like a minute... im sure you get the idea. Its not being built for protection... we are just looking to get the the sides to stay lol :P

[​IMG]

6. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I did something temporary on the rear of mine like you have the two parallels drawn and used a small down tube on each side to the frame and incorporated a poly body mount bushing. Then you can x brace the two and call it good. shouldn't need more than that in the rear. Maybe do it again in the middle somewhere if space isn't a concern.

7. outlawtorn

Alright ill guess we'll just have to give it a shot lol :wink1: