Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Down to the frame

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by caleb22, Sep 28, 2005.

1. caleb22

caleb22 1/2 ton status

I'm contemplating removing the fenders and tub and building my 89 from the frame up. I'm not in a hurry, I just want to do it with ease since I'm a one man show. I did this with my 76 CJ7 and it worked out great. Everything was easy to get to and painting the tub was easier.

What am I getting in to if I head in this direction? The CJ was easy, few clutch parts, steering column, wires, but I haven't look at my Blazer in depth yet.

Anyone done it?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm sort of doing that and wish I wasn't. My K5 has a bent frame so 'm building a second rolling chassis to eventually swap the body onto. Since you've already done the Jeep you know what you're getting into. The biggest problem for me is detail, I'm having a difficult time actually making big progress because of the urge to make/buy/use new stuff (even nut & bolt type hardware, etc).

I guess I'm really just saying be careful and don't let the "snowball effect" take control of you. At this rate I'll be 45 before mine is done. :doah: