Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Dr. apointment in the morning.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I have a feeling the Dr. is going too tell me I can't work anymore, or atleast for awhile. The last couple of days working out in the hot sun I came close too passing out a few times and I did puke both days. If the doc says no worky, my boss is going too flip. I'm the only one that makes sure everything gets done, and gets done right. I'm not going too die for a lawncare company. Oh well, he let me go 2 weeks after I moved down here for the job so he could put his brother too work. His brother screwed off and didn't do half the work. Now he expects me too go out mowing in the hottest part of summer after sitting in the A/C till now. I was garrenteed $400.00 to $600.00 a week before I moved down, now it's $150.00 a week and alot more responcibility. I will work just becouse my boss has been a friend for many many years, but my health comes first.

2. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

friend or no friend, he made a guarantee.

$150 a week?! you're not gonna catch my happy ass rollin out of bed for that kind of money.

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I don't know how you lawn care folks do it... I know a few guys who mow lawns every day in this 95 degree weather and they're always talking about how hot it gets and how it's impossible to stay properly hydrated...

Take care of yourself... I'm sure your friend can find one of those nice, law-abiding immigrants to do the work for half the pay :rolleyes:

4. 68MUDSTUD

68MUDSTUD OCD with shiny things

Yeah, what he said!

5. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

get a camel back

6. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Yeah I mowed all this summer for my job. I was taking summer classes, so I couldnt really get a real job. I had a 48" Scag, I was making a ton of money.

On another note, all mowing companies around here are all spanish dudes, and I dont know how they do it. They all wear like jeans and long sleeved shirts, gloves and hats.

7. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

I think you just need to slow down just a bit, until you get used to the heat outside, maybe you are just overworking yourself, being used to an air conditioned apartment all day, that is a pretty serious change in climates to just jump in to and start working your ass off in.

when it's real hot out here, for me, there is no hurry mode, i just move at a pace i can handle, not slow or anything, but just not rushing, too hot for that crap...especially when it's 115 on up and then i get to play on the blacktop on the parking lot where our trailers are at, has to be pretty well near 130* radiated heat.

just take it easier, keep drinkin the water, if ya feel tired, take a break...

8. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Get a job inside through a Temp Service...........that's my $.02.

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

No kidding. Espicially for $150/week. No way I would work outside for that.

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats 3.75 an hour...:doah:

11. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Why the hell are you working for 150 a week? Thats just retarded regardless if he's your friend or not. Are you labor or supervisory?

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Both. I was running a 2 man crew. I never ask anyone too do something I wouldn't do myself. We don't get paid by the hour, but buy the route. Anywho, the Doctor told me this morning no worky out in the heat, and no over exertion.

13. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Did you get the ol' finger in the butt exam? You are getting older Paul............

14. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

He don't need no Doctor fer that..................:wink1: :doah:

15. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

No, and I don't care doctor or not, I'd have too break jaw on anyone trying too pull chit on me. But I think I'd just say NO !!!!!!!

16. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Paul How do You get paid? Is it hourly or salary? If it's hourly how many hours a week do You work? I sure hope Your not working for less than minimum wage, and if so I sure hope Your keeping records of your time. You may call the guy a friend but no friend would **** over a friend that way, at least not in My book. I would check with the Nebraska Labor board on wages and back pay if Your getting screwed. If He if doing You wrong use the legal system and Get what is owed to You. After that beat his ass and tell him that he had it coming and if he want to still be friend then he has a lot to prove.
    Myself I wouldn't work for less than $150 a day

17. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It wasn't suposta be for so little. Jim got in a bind, lost the big Blockbusters account because they changed management companys and didn't know we were taking care of the lawns and snow removal. Right now we're just trying too keep the company going. I know I could make alot more money by jumping ship, but I've always tried too stay loyal to my friends. Till my health improves, I'm thinking of applying with www.renzenberger.com

18. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Bad news, when you hit 40, you have to have the prostate check almost every year. Otherwise you get the big C. That is why I picked an asian female doctor (she is legit, I swear) with thin fingers. It still feels like a rough cut timber shoved in your keister though.....

19. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

20. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Well at least I know from reading aboot yer Asian Dr. friend I don't have the dreaded ED dissease they've been talking aboot on the TV...:haha: