Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drag link ends

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by metto, Jul 14, 2005.

1. metto

metto Registered Member

i posted this in the ORD forums, but i figured id get an answer faster over here. what is the part number for the 1 ton TRE's that are so popular for steering setups? the ones that have the 7/8-18 thread series? i went the the parts store and asked for drag link ends from an '86 1 ton chevy 4x4 and they didnt fit the drag link (ord bent drag link). wtf am i missing? :confused:

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Most places that make tie rods and drag links aren't going to give you the part #'s. I know I don't give them out. Bad for business. Not trying to be a jerk, but those of us that make/sell them had to do the research. We have a lot of time and effort invested in it.

3. metto

metto Registered Member

yea but it seems wrong IMO to sell me somthing and not tell me what fits it

4. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

What company do you own or work for?

5. royjones

royjones Trucker upper Premium Member

hello

Hay man the ones that i brought look like that they were machined down a size so if you find them let me know thanks

6. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

So what, people who buy your tie-rods have to buy TRE's from you for life? That seems rediculous. Guess thats why I bought from WFO, Trevor is very friendly and helpful.

7. FWP

FWP CRS

I'm using TRE's : 2010L and 2010R, and one DLE 2234R. That is IIRC :D

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

No, we don't sell the TRE's at all. I am not going to gouge customers on something they can go get from their local parts stores. It is morally wrong IMO to buy the same part, upcharge for it, and then charge for shipping it as well when they can take the part #'s we give them and go to the local parts store and buy them for about 1/2 of what I could sell them to them for.

We give the customer the TRE part #'s on their invoices. They never have to buy them from us ever.

The reason we don't just hand out certain information is because there are different designs out there. What works for ours, may not work for someone elses. Also, we NEVER copy another company's design. They may be similar, but we never buy a competitors product and reverse engineer it. All of our products are a result of design and fabrication from zero. That is another practice that is morally wrong IMO. It's very prevalent in todays business world, but very unethical IMO. We don't do that, EVER.

See what happens when you assume? :p:

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yeah, now that would really piss me off. If you can tell me what the length is of your tie rod, I'll e-mail you the part numbers so you can get what you need. :waytogo:

10. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I am 1/3 owner of Black Widow Performance. Actually, all of us are CK5 members and have been for a long time. We all own Chev's

I own a '74 blazer
    My partner owns an '84 short wide
    My other partner owns a '72 blazer

We do a lot of other stuff too (hot rods, street cars, tuner cars, etc.) but our trucks are our passion. :smile1:

11. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

:haha: Ok, that makes sense :doah:

12. metto

metto Registered Member

well ORD told me that if i want it to fit, i have to use THEIR rod ends and that its my problem if i cant find ones at the parts store that are the right legnth. shane74 my email is Jonmetty@gmail.com, email me and ill give you the legnth of my DL