Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

drag link question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by chevyjeff, Sep 9, 2004.

1. chevyjeff

chevyjeff 1/2 ton status

still working my bump steer issue. Was looking at a stock k5 here at work this am and noticed that the draglink is almost exactly parallel to the ground. My drag link w/ my raised steering arm on my 4" lift has a slight slope about 3/4"-1" to the rear. Would adding a drop pitman arm that compenstated for this help the bump steer and if so who makes them with that small of a drop? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Triaged

Triaged 1/2 ton status

To have no bump steer you want the drag link to have about the same slope as the front part of the spring. On a stock k5 the springs have a bit of neg. arch which is why you want the drag link to be level (or even sloping up a bit).

With lift springs you want to have some slope to the drag link. In fact going to a 2" drop pitman INSTED OF the 4" raised steering arm might help your bump steer (it has helped others before).

3. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a 6" lift and use only the raised steering arm, it seems to angle down a lot, about the same as the spring does. I don't have any bumpsteer. As Triaged said, maybe try the dropped pitman arm with a stock steering arm, this should put the draglink at close to the same angle as the spring.