Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drag Link Tips ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by globaljames, Apr 23, 2005.

1. globaljames

globaljames Registered Member

Any unforseen tricks in replacing a drag link with one that has a compensation bend for a small lift 4 " ?

2. 79chevyk10

79chevyk10 1/2 ton status

Why get a 4" drop drag link for only a 4" lift? Just get the raised 4" steering arm (which is cheaper) and this way it will be easier to adjust the drag like for a straight steering wheel.

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Yep, I agree. I like the 4" raised steering arms better then the drop draglink.

Harley

4. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

dont waste your time with the drop drag link setup. get the drop arm for the box or raised arm for the axle.

5. globaljames

globaljames Registered Member

Thanks for the advise. However the reason I went with the drop drag was the existing one is toast. Something didnt seem right about the drop on the steering box and I dont have the tools, covered work area or experience really to get beyond the rotor etc without biking to the parts store a few times. So I figured I try this out ..... It was easy and stears better and I got the wheel straight. So I guess Ill see how she holds up and keep the old handy for a while ............

6. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

if your truck is lifted . the drag link needs about 1.5-2" drop from the box arm to the axle arm. any less and steering bind at times and any more will kill the joints and loss steering the one side when turning.