Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Drag Link

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Muddytazz, Jul 30, 2003.

1. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

I'm almost done rebuilding my 3/4ton D44 and ready to swap it and my 14FF under my burb. What i'm trying to figure out is: The D44 is of the 1974 variety and i'm trying to figure out if i should replace the whole stock drag link with a new one or just the ends or what? I can't find anything from searching. And i'm not doing cross-over..........YET, so just need stock replacement of needed. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i replaced mine at one time...i bought just the ends..seems like it was close to a 100 buks..then 40 more for the sleeve /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

where in the hell did you pay $40 for the sleeve, i can get the sleeve here in town for a little less than $20 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. 77fixer

77fixer 1/2 ton status

You shouldn't have to worry about the sleeve, just replace the ends and be done with it.

Brett /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You can just replace the ends, or better yet, just find someone here that's just done a crossover but still has a draglink in good shape. All you need is something to get you by for a while.

6. leadfoot067

leadfoot067 1/2 ton status

i didnt buy the sleeve /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif..couldnt justify the price /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif,i re-used the old sleeve