Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Draggin an F150?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Confedneck, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

so what do you guys think, a guy at work has a 90 f150 with a 351, 3.55 gears and 31s or 32s, i think an AOD trans...wants me to hook up friday at work..im pretty sure id do it if we could get off of the property at work since i need the paychecks and they frown upon even lighting off the tires... y'all think i can pull him with what i have listed below?

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I don't think I would. Back to back pulling is a stupid, destructive waste of parts.

3. Confedneck

well hes still on my ass about it, i told him id think about it if he could find somewhere that wasnt paved...screw that pulling on pavment crap...i like my rear pinion facing forward..

4. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Well ford motors make more torque than most motors (longer strokes) so id say it would be a hard run for ya. Me i would probly hold off and tell him flat out the mazda tranny in his truck wouldnt hold. But if he had the NP435 like i have in my ford that he could probly pull you backwards around a parking lot.
    Oh i just read that you have the 465 tranny in wich case if he had a 435 then it would be realy close, then it would come down to the weaker gm 1/2 ton axles givving out (even an 8.8" ford is better than a 12bolt, sorry)

5. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

how tall are your tires? I would do it if you have 33's or smaller. Your 208 should be ok and so should your axles for the most part, with small tires. Be carefull with the clutch, if it starts to slip push it in and let him just pull you. I have done a few back to backs and I have only broken arear driveshaft. I had 350/700R4/208/ 10bolts/3.08's/33's when I snapped it because I started hoping real bad. I would do it but just DON't LET IT HOP, and chances are he will give it all it's got and break something himself. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

6. wild-will

wild-will 1/2 ton status

If he wins your gonna have to shut him up about his ford bein superior so make sure you bring that baseball bat and rope in the back

7. Confedneck

well tonight we got back to work from our school at about 9, and he was talkin smack to one of the guys with a bronco, boss man wouldnt let them hook up in the parking lot, so i told them to take it across the street to an abandoned winn dixie parking lot...the f150 guy all of a sudden had to get home...hes been notified by me, if he pulls the 98 1500 dodge 5.2 auto on 33s 4x4, at all, even hooks up to him and gets dragged, or drags him, ill hook up to him...he wont..

8. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I figured he would pussy out or break something, after all he has a ford, I would chicken out to if I drove a ford. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif