Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

draglink contact to Shock?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Lance, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

Finally got the chance to take my Jimmy out this weekend, found out a lot of things I still need to do to my rig. (Don't we all?) Anyways, the item requiring immediate attention is where I've destroyed my driver side front shock from draglink contact. Obviously cross-over steering would fix this issue, but I don't have the money to address this at the time and I don't have the money to keep replacing front shocks.

Sooo...anybody else have this problem? I run a 4" steering correction block under my steering arm, but do I need to run a dropped pitman arm as well?

Thanks,

Lance

2. Lance

Lance 1/2 ton status

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

well how much lift do you have?...relocate the front shocks with some ford shock towers? $18 bucks a piece, drill a few holes and bolt them on..

4. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

I don't know your exact setup, but i had a 4" lift with dual shocks and I had this problem. I removed the front shock and the problem was solved. You have three choices: 1. crossover 2. relocate or remove a shock 3. Buy stock in rancho. Good luck.