Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Draglink Ends- Short RH Thread Needed

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by SAVAGE1, Dec 12, 2002.

1. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

When I recently went crossover, I used the draglink ends from my Superlift droped draglink. These draglink ends have short threads to accomodate for the bend in the draglink. My new crossover draglink was measured, drilled and tapped to use these draglinks, so my choices are limited. After doing some research, I found that some people experienced Superlift draglink ends failing repetedly, plus they cost $50. I found a post by Batmanjr where he used a drivers side TRE (ES2234R), I picked this up, cut some of the thread off and installed it. Because it was a TRE, when articutating it would bottom out on itself not allowing the free movment of a DLE.

Has anyone found a DLE that will work for my application. It has to have Right Hand thread and the thread has to go pretty much to the head of the link end, I can cut off the excess. Most of the Right Hand DLEs have a long shank with no threads. I can't cut these down to fit.

This pic shows my "bottomed out" end on the crossover arm:

[​IMG]

thanks in advance

2. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

I get my part numbers mixed up sometimes, but I think a large RH DLE is PN ES2026R. If I'm wrong, somebody correct me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

not what he is after
    2026 is the larger taper chev draglink rodend

4. 72THING

72THING 1/2 ton status

Oh, sorry. I don't know what to suggest, then. Anybody else?

Will

5. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

take the old one to a friendly parts counterman and he can measure it and look it up in the book.

6. Depdog

Depdog 1/2 ton status Author

Thats a good sugestion if you can fine a friendly parts counter man. You might try giving Scott at Rockstomper a call. He has some good info on these.

Depdog

7. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys, I'll try all your suggestions /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

Do you have the angle cut on the end of your arm? That makes this much easier. A short offset in the draglink can help out too. Not to solve the taper problem specifically but these do take angle off the system.

9. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

My arm has no angle, I know you get what you pay for /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif It might be cheaper in the long run to buy a new Xover arm with the angle, as opposed to buying $50 Superlift ends everytime they fail. So if I run your arm with the angled end, would I be able to use tierod ends at both ends of my draglink without any binding problems? My draglink is bent to clear the crossmember so the angle is flat at the pitman arm.

10. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You should be able to, that's our standard kit setup. A flat dynatrac arm is the reason we started building our own. Just like yours.

They're on sale right now....