Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Draglink length

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by bigchiefmudder, Apr 25, 2005.

1. bigchiefmudder

bigchiefmudder Registered Member

i've got the arm on the pass side and my 2wd box on now i'm ready to measure. I just want to make sure exactly what measurement i need to get. Center to center from the outer hole the steering arm to the center of the hole on the pitman arm OR end of the link ends to each other? thanks

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Not to be rude but do you honestly think that a manufacturer of draglinks is going to give you the length of the draglinks he sells so you can build your own? That would be counter productive.

Harley

3. bigchiefmudder

Hello mcfly i got my steering arm and pitman arm from ord in the crossover kit and i need to measure for my draglink account lift and dodge dana 60. i want to get an exact measurement so i won't have to cut the draglink or risk it being 2 short. Don't worry its a ord draglink

4. bigchiefmudder

ok maybe i didn't make myself clear but i ordered the kit, i'm just getting it together as i can and i posted up hoping that someone from ord could answer me to answer question. i would have posted it in the garage or the 73-91 forum for the peanut gallery to respond

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

This would probably be something to call him about or email to him. Sometimes it can take awhile for him to answer questions on this board. Sometimes it doesn't.

Harley

6. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dude I pretty sure its center to center hole. They'll account for the TREs when they make the draglink.

7. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

You guys crack me up sometimes. Does using the term "mcfly" indicate the age of the user at all? Does knowing where it comes from mean the same? Hmmmm.

Anyway, measure center of hole to center of hole and we subtract for the ends. This is assuming you're running less that 8" of lift. Over that, it's good to have the vertical separation but that's a different deal.

Thanks for sticking up for us Hoss.

8. bigchiefmudder

Thank you very much for the reply