Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

draglink problems *updated*

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Jonny-K5, Jul 31, 2003.

1. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ok, so i put my 3in lift on my blazer with a 2in pitman arm. a couple weeks of street driving and the draglink end at the steering arm started creaking and squeaking.it was suggested here that i replace it with a new part, and that fixed the sound. now a couple weeks later its right back where i started, creaking and squeaking. i cant figure it out. i never had any problems with this for the years ive had the truck before the lift. what could be the causs?

2. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Have you tried putting some grease in the DLE?

3. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

i greased it before install. two weeks shouldnt make it dry up. i did use cheap lithium grease tho, someone suggested i try marine grease. ill see what happens

4. Jonny-K5

Jonny-K5 1/2 ton status

ok, today i re greased the joint with marine grease. i even took off the pitman arm end and moved it around while i greased it to make sure it was getting to all the areas. still no change. any ideas? im stumped and ready to buy a third one... i gotta feeling whats going to happen to me tho.

5. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

I'm stumped too, you haven't really introduced any huge stresses or angles with a 3" lift, and any grease should be enough to get the end to last 2 weeks.
    Any other ideas anyone?

6. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

are all the parts torqued down correctly ? ie steering arm ? pitman arm ? steering box ? frame cracks ? could be a ball joint maybe too /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif