Drawing a blank... next project???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KRAZIE87K5, Nov 18, 2001.

1. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Feb 23, 2001
    Alrighty then folks!! My truck seems to be running well, and the mismatched gear issue is almost resolved (I HOPE), so I am trying to come up with the next upgrade to the truck.

I'm thinking about armor maybe... but I have already began construction for my new front bumper, and the rear will follow shortly thereafter. What is the next best thing to do? Sliders? I like that set from Toybox, but the price of $259 is kinda harsh for my pocket book right B4 Christmas if you know what I mean.

What kind of nifty low budget projects can I do to my truck? I would like to make it more trail ready, but can only find around $200 for the winter project.

Suggestions? Thanks all!

<font color=red>GOT MUD???</font color=red>
    My license plate reads:<font color=blue> 8 YR SUV</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=></a>
    454/TH400/NP205 - 14BFF/D60/w/ 4.10s
  2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Jul 23, 2000
    Twin stick your 205...the only cost should be another shifter and boot.

Onboard air...York compressors are inexpensive. The whole project could be done for under $150. You'll need some fabricating skills and imagination for the compressor mount though.

Check out Grim Reapers or Depdogs rocker armor, heavy wall tubing in place of the stock sheet metal...also low buck and very effective.

Relocate the rear shocks...

Greasable bushings and heavy duty shackles...

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/project_T2> tRusty pics...</a>