Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

dreaded saggy butt but only on drivers side!?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Apr 9, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

posted this in the garage and only got one reply.

what should i do? my drivers rear spring is sagging but the pass. side isn't. it sags enough to effect the stiff pro-comp front springs too, the whole drivers side is sagging a little more than one inch, alomost 2 in the back. should i get new springs? if i'm getting new springs i might as well get 4" lifted ones, huh?

2. KrebsATM02

KrebsATM02 1/2 ton status

sometime it has to do with engine torque and such. I'd switch the springs to opposite sides and see if it evens out in a couple weeks. - Doug

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

my dads is a stock height 1990 3/4 and his sags to the driver side and sits with the rear end low.

S-10's lean but they lean to the passenger side.

4. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

I'd say the same thing...swap sides. At least they'll be easy to remove if you have to replace them : )

Mines "unevenly sagged" in the rear, but I couldn't figure out why, since it stayed that way when I swapped springs side to side. Why? Checked frame height, axle height, all was pretty even. Turns out the passenger FRONT spring is "taller" than the passenger one, (by about 2") and pushes the drivers rear down.

5. dbltapp

dbltapp 1/2 ton status

My sub does the same damn thing, and i have a 2 1/2" lift that is less then a year old! Please share what info you come up with, thanx. You sub looks great by the way.

6. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

This is really common. It can come from different sources, including body mounts and rear springs. Assuming that none of the leafs is broken, it could be helped a little by loosening up the spring eye bolts and making sure that they are all tightened when the body is level.

It has been discussed before, so you can search for it.

In my case, the two rear springs are really obviously no longer arched the same. Not wanting to spend a lot of money, I just tried a small block on one side and it worked out really well. The truck even rode better afterwards. It's still there to this day.

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

thanks guys! i'll swap sides and see what happens. after a while i'm gonna get a 4" shackle flip so i might repladce the springs while i have em removed.